Saturday, August 28, 2010

Week in Action


Coming up with a descriptive word for this week is anything but easy. I drove back to Tulsa on Sunday (8/23) after a great vacation. I went to Destin, FL for a week and then to Lafayette for a week. The two week break was AMAZING, which made getting up early on Monday morning to start another semester very difficult. After one week in the classroom it seems this is going to be a tough semester. Where is that light at the end of the tunnel?? Along with class I also experienced a yummy new sushi place in Tulsa... thanks to the discovery by my friend, Mandy! If you're ever in Tulsa and in the mood for sushi try Haruno at 71st and Memorial.... Yummy! I finished the week off with a little chanting of "BOOMER!" "SOONER!" Always feels good to be rooting for the Crimson and Cream! The OU women's soccer team was in town playing Tulsa and my old teammate's little sisters now play for OU. It's always great to spend an evening with an old teammate, but I was surprised when I showed up at the soccer stadium and TWO OLD TEAMMATES were there! I have A LOT of great memories with Rel and Jade, and we always have a great time together... including a night of being the annoying fans with vuvuzelas!

"There's Only 1 Oklahoma!"
GOOOOOAALLL!!


The Dickson Girls!
(Tiana and Zoe in college = Rel, Jade, & me getting old!)
All in all it was a good week. The next few weeks will be exciting all because (drum roll please).... IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!!!!!! Other than Christmas, this truly is the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment